In research released to coincide with Children’s Mental Health Week 2017, it was revealed that 63% of 10 and 11-year-olds says they worry “all the time” about at least one thing to do with their school life, home life or themselves. In addition, Childline has said that 1 in 6 of all its counselling sessions focused on mental health issues last year equating to one call every 11 minutes.
This kit has been developed to support children in Primary Schools to talk about their worries and uses ‘The Worry Wiper’ character has learnt how to manage his worries and shares his experiences through a poem. He teaches children to wipe their worries away or make plans to manage worries by using the pack of discussion cards and dry wipe boards.
The kit also includes emotion bookmarks, posters, stickers, fans, mood bands to express anxiety, blank fans to self plan against worries and much more.
Brilliant resource for the classroom to be used by both teachers and learning support assistants. Support children when they are worried or anxious and help them to know what to do.
- 1 x The Worry Wiper Poem poster
- 1 x Give you worry to me poster
- 1 x What can you do when you feel worried poster
- 2 x double sided Worry Wiper dry wipe boards
- 1 x fine line dry wipe handwriting pen
- 32 x discussion & communication cards in plastic storage box cards include
- 16 x Worry discussion cards
- 8 x Helpful Solution cards
- 4 x I need to talk to you cards
- 4 x I will talk to you at… cards
- 1 x photocopy template of resources
- 4 x Worry Wiper blank self completion fans
- 2 x Telling someone you feel worried fans
- 2 x What do I do when I feel worried fans
- 96 x I wiped my worried away today stickers
- 2 x mood bands – It’s all OK / It’s not OK
- 1 x Emotion Lanyard
- 4 x Emotion Bookmarks
- 1 x Emotion Face Fan
- 1 x fabric storage bag