This resource is a collection of 30 real-life photographs of children experiencing both positive and negative feelings within a range of situations from family to playground scenarios, which children will be able to identify with from their own experiences.
The feelings covered include: angry, frightened, disappointed, upset, cross, fussy, disgusted, pleased, excited, naughty, joyful, confident, nervous, brave, proud, bored, surprised, sad, annoyed, left out, relaxed, distressed, grateful, embarrassed, bad tempered, concerned, jealous, kind, worried and loving.
The cards will help children to establish an awareness of their own feelings and those of other people. They will learn to manage their emotions effectively, and to recognise and respond to the feelings of others. This will stimulate productive group discussions and help children:
- Identify with scenarios that mirror their own experiences
- Expand their vocabulary of emotions to express and manage feelings more effectively
- Develop empathy and more easily comprehend other people’s feelings
- Understand, respect and respond to the feelings of others
- Build more successful relationships and friendships.
Contents: 30 x A5 size cards.